Saturday, April 18, 2020

One of the Blessings of Alzheimer's...



As most of the World today, I have a plethora of major decisions to be selected, however, I just have not had the emotional energy to make the time to do so. The VIP time I really wanted to spend this week was with my eldest brother, Jim, who has Alzheimer's. 

With the 'stay at home' requests in place it had been a good piece of time since I had driven anywhere, nevertheless taken a 90-minute drive to another county. Yet, this would give my youngest brother and his wife a break from overseeing his care daily, so I made the trip.

For those who are concerned about the present COVID-19 challenges, they should spend a long weekend with someone who has Alzheimer's. Visiting with someone who has no care in the world other than his or her very next thought is, in an odd way, refreshing.

Being reminded that the very last thought passes, and never will again be regained, helped me put everything that is going on in this world today into its proper perspective. I asked my brother if he had any pearls of wisdom that I could share and as he spoke, I took his picture.

"Remember We Are the UNITED States of America

  Remember to Social Distance Arm Length Apart

  Remember to Keep a Positive Attitude"

Funny how a person who has a challenge remembering was instrumental in reminding me what is truly important.

I am now back at Peace.

MdC

#alonetogether


No comments:

Post a Comment